Programme and themes
Europort senses the urge to act and feels the responsibility to make things happen. From special ships, port logistics to neighbouring industries. Let’s initiate a deeper understanding of themes that are of vital interest to the maritime ecosystem during Europort 2021.
Shipping organizations face intense pressure to operate more efficiently and profitably. A digital revolution that enforces operational efficiency, cost reduction and environmental or security performances has been sweeping across our industry. Europort wants to showcase and explore new digital opportunities and stimulate smart interaction between technology providers and ship owners.
Our industry is a community floating on energy. With ambitious emission goals for an industry that moves almost 90% of global trade, a significant undertaking is ahead of us. Change on this scale requires more than one solution and more than one investor. The city of Rotterdam, its port and region have defined a clear goal for 2050: a sustainable port and industrial maritime complex. Europort challenges the industry to make sustainable waves together.
Our industry is operating in a world of increased complexity and new business areas. Success and competitiveness rely on a highly skilled workforce that is able to adopt new ideas and develop revolutionary technologies. Under the #YoungEuroport programme Europort makes an active call on young professionals and next gen-talents to join the conversation and help reshaping the future of shipping and shipbuilding.
Europort offers an exceptionally in-depth programme. In a series of conferences, debates and masterclasses know-how and expertise can be shared in a highly efficient manner. Industry-wide achievements are recognised by award presentations and networks are enhanced by matchmaking events. There is much to learn and many people to meet during the Europort week. See the 2019 programme (the 2021 programme will be announced later) below.
- Marine Industry 4.0 Conference
- Mare Forum Ship Finance Conference
- European Tugowners Conference
- CEDA Dredging Days
- Naval innovations as source of inspiration
- Maritime solutions for offshore renewable energy
- Optimizing efficiency of short sea operations
- Reducing the carbon footprint of ferries and cruise ships
- SMART4SEA-EUROPORT Awards
- GREEN4SEA-EUROPORT Awards
- SAFETY4SEA-EUROPORT Awards
- CAREER4SEA-EUROPORT Awards
- MariMatch Europort
- KvK Business Challenge
- Seminar ''The future generation of shipping''
- University innovations
- Launch of Shipathon 2020 - Smartening seagoing vessels
- Job Route
- Europort Cruise Party
- Exhibitors On Stage
- Start Up Plaza
- ETA executive Committee meeting
- SEA Europe Board meeting
- WISTA meeting
- BLN-Schuttevear General Member meeting