Europort has established #YoungEuroport to involve and encourage younger participants across all parts of the maritime industry to realise their true potential through a structured programme of socializing, networking and continuous education. The initiative aims to provide a platform for gaining knowledge, getting access to industry leaders and networking with global industry peers. Among many initiatives to be found at Europort 2019 will be:
- Young Maritime Representatives - in the spotlight during Europort’s opening ceremony and reporting through their own channels on personal experiences from the exhibition floor.
- CAREER4SEA EUROPORT New Generation Award - to be awarded to any individual person who has achieved a career milestone in shipping or contributed towards acting as a role model to attract new talent to the industry. A must attend event, including an inspirational panel discussion featuring Career4Sea Europort Awards winners.
- 'The future generation of shipping’ - a seminar featuring three speakers and one host organised by YoungShip Rotterdam, followed by a networking drink plus a low-key quiz on the speakers.
- Student Pitches. Within Rotterdam, the maritime capital of Europe, and the surrounding municipalities, a broad variety of technical vocational, higher education institutes and universities are located. Students from different schools work together with companies on innovative projects and research. These projects are executed by multidisciplinary teams of students with a background in for example maritime technology and mechanical engineering. Are you curious to learn more? Please visit the student pitches!
- TU Delft and the University of Twente will showcase their award winning Solar Boats, which will be located between Hall 8 and the Arena.
- The CareerLab, made possible by Watertalent.nl, can be found in Hall 6. Visit the CareerLab sea container for meet and greets, to help with career opportunities, and for resume checks, etc.
- Mainport Talent Diner - where CEO’s will cook for young professionals at the Steam Ship Rotterdam on Wednesday night.
- Launch of Shipathon 2020’ In March 2020 the second Shipathon will take place! A unique hackathon focused on smartening sea-going vessels. Are you a student or a young professional with smart ideas to reinvent the maritime sector? Or do you work for a maritime employer that is a front-runner in innovation and do you want to be involved in the next Shipathon? Please visit 'Europort on Stage’ on November 8th between 13:00 and 15:00 and learn more about participation.
- 'Meet your Peers' - organised by Netherlands Maritime Technology (NMT) on Friday afternoon.
A substantial influx of young people with maritime or technical training are necessary to guarantee the continuity of the Dutch maritime sector. The NISS writing contest makes it possible for high school students to explore the maritime world in an attractive way. NISS, the National Institute for Shipping and Shipbuilding, wants to inspire students to get started with a maritime topic for their profile assignment. The profile assignment is a practical examination for students in the exam classes of high school and represents an important part of the final exam. Students taking up the challenge can choose a topic within the following four themes: Smart & Safe Sailing, Winning at Sea, Effective infrastructure and Clean Ships. Winning teams earn a cash prize of € 1,000 (3rd prize), € 2,000 (2nd prize) and € 3,000 (1st prize). During this event students will receive detailed information on how to participate in the writing contest, will get to know more about career possibilities within the maritime sector and will visit the fair in which the students are able to meet employees of innovative maritime companies.
- Job Route and networking drinks organised by Navingo.
- Jong Havenvereniging will organise its own event during Europort with featuring various cases and discussions about the current job market.
Plenty to see and attend, so don’t miss out!